We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Veterinary Assistant, Customer Care Specialist Lead
After graduating from the Veterinarian Assistant program at Maritime Business College, Jessica started her career at Full Circle in 2015 and is currently the front desk lead. Jessica enjoys interacting with the public and providing clients with upbeat, quality customer service. She also enjoys treating the patients to a good bum scratch and some dehydrated beef liver.
Jessica appreciates working at an integrative holistic veterinary practice and enjoys educating clients about our services such as a reduced vaccine protocol and titer testing both of which she has opted for her dogs.
"I wanted to work in the veterinary field not only because of my love for animals but because I wanted a career where I felt I was helpful to the general public and there is no better way than to help a pet who cannot help themselves.”
In her spare time, she can be found outside enjoying the various trails and parks around Nova Scotia with her boyfriend and their two rescued dogs Princess Leia and Princess Peach. She is a huge supporter of anti-BSL (Breed Specific Legislation), and you’ll find her marching with the Halifax Bully Breed group in protest. She also has two indoor cats at home named Ceaser and Ace.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.