Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
Welcome to Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Full Circle is the longest standing integrative, holistic veterinary medicine service in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Our broadly educated veterinarians, veterinary technologists and customer care support staff help you and your conventionally trained veterinarian to meld veterinary medicine with diverse special interest fields including Traditional Chinese veterinary medicine (acupuncture, herbal formulas, tui-na, and food therapy), appropriate nutrition for whole food feeders raw and/or cooked, animal chiropractic, canine rehabilitation (therapeutic exercises, canine fitness, massage, and water treadmill work) and more.
Our philosophy has always been to strive for a comfortable environment and positive experience for our clients, their pets and our staff. Our staff have additional training in anxiety-reducing techniques for pets in veterinary settings.
For your pet’s physical comfort, our flooring is a durable, non-slip rubber material used for gymnasiums. It enables dogs with limited mobility to have as much traction in the clinic as possible. We cover our exam table with comfortable soft blankets or fleece and work on the floor with many larger dogs. Cats who feel safer snuggled in semi-enclosed spaces can often sit in the bottom of their carriers or sit on the cat tree in our cat friendly exam room.
To learn more about our practice, browse the drop-down menus and watch our video!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.