We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives was established in downtown Dartmouth , Nova Scotia in 1999. Initially, the clinic delivered integrated health care examinations, provided referrals for conventional practices with patients interested in complementary or alternative approaches, and focused primarily on acupuncture, herbal medicine and nutritional consultations. Over the years, the practice grew to include medicines such as animal chiropractic and theBowen® technique.
In 2006, we added another wing to house our laboratory, hospital facility (surgery, dentistry and radiography), rehabilitation space, and in-house treatment facility.
Our philosophy has always been to strive for the most comfortable environment and positive experience possible for our clients, their pets and our staff. To this end, we have always covered our exam table with comfortable fleece, worked on the floor with any larger dogs, and sometimes in the sink for cats who feel safer snuggled there! We provide no-slip foam play mats for dogs with difficulties standing on slippery floor surfaces. We keep plants in our reception area and in outdoor flower boxes in the summer. A mix of neutral, abstracted landscapes, original drawings and photos of some of our favourite furry friends also enhance our décor.
Our clients, while focused in the Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford area come from as far away as Los Angeles. They all have a deep commitment to the well-being of their non-human family members and an interest in moving beyond the limits of conventional medicine. If you would like to join our community please contact us.
We have been taking both our dog and cat to Full Circle Vet for about four years and have been…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.