Titer Testing Referral
Research has shown that vaccinations often provide effective immunity to CORE diseases; however, the rate of immunity decline can vary significantly for individual animals. At Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives, we believe in trying to reduce overvaccination which is when titer testing can help in determining if vaccination is necessary.
When is titer testing appropriate?
- After adopting an animal with an unknown vaccination history
- To assess immunity levels achieved after the initial puppy series of vaccinations OR after the first-year booster
- To assess the need for vaccinations in older dogs, chronically ill dogs, and dogs who have had adverse reactions in the past
- To provide proof of immunity for boarding, daycare and grooming facilities (please ensure the organization accepts titer test results in lieu of vaccination)
If you have clients within your practice who are interested in titer testing, we now offer a referral service.
Titer Testing Referral Protocol
- To refer a client, please complete the online Titer Testing Referral form.
- Full Circle will call to book an appointment for a blood draw. This ensures the sample meets the parameters for the test.
- No doctor exam is necessary at Full Circle for a titer referral.
- Results will be sent back to the referring clinic to be relayed to the client. Full Circle will not be responsible for relaying results.
- We run our samples once a week for DAP in-house testing. Results will be received within 7 days of the blood draw.
- Rabies titers are sent to Kansas state and can take 4-6weeks for results to be sent back.