We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Animal rehabilitation is the use of physical modalities and therapeutic exercises to improve a patient’s functional mobility. It can include manual therapies by the therapist including massage and joint mobilizations to increase the range of motion, loosen restrictions and decrease pain. It can also include other physical therapies such as Low-Level Laser therapy, the range of motion exercises and stretching, thermal modalities (the use of hot and cold), Electrical Stimulation (NMES, TENS), Therapeutic Exercises and Aquatic therapies like swimming or the use of an Underwater Treadmill. At Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives, it also includes other treatment systems including Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture and Herbal Therapies) and Animal Chiropractic.
A structured rehabilitation program can be of great benefit to many patients. Rehabilitation has been shown to decrease pain, increase weight bearing, increase or maintain joint range of motion and build muscle strength. It can greatly shorten the recovery period post surgery. Rehabilitation can also benefit patients with arthritis or joint disease who can not or would not benefit from surgical intervention. Rehabilitation benefits senior pets as it helps maintain muscle mass and joint range of motion and can also help relieve chronic pain. Overweight patients benefit from rehab as it can help with weight loss and offer joint support and muscle building. Sporting and working dogs benefit from rehabilitation as it can increase their conditioning and fitness level, improve their strength and their body awareness.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.