We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
The Bowen Technique™ (also known as Bowtech™ and Bowenwork™) is a series of gentle, specific moves on muscle and connective tissue that was developed by the late Tom Bowen in Geelong, Australia. Sometimes called the homeopathy of bodywork, these subtle inputs to the body, stimulate the body’s innate desire to heal and often have profound results
What problems can be addressed with Bowen Technique™?
Bowen™ treats many of the same conditions as other body therapies such as acupuncture or massage. These include muscle pain, disc pain, muscle spasms, arthritic pain, urinary incontinence and anxiety. Shoulder problems can be very difficult to resolve, and Bowen TM seems to do a great job for many forelimb lameness patients. Cats usually like Bowen TM as well.
Will my dog or cat enjoy the Bowen Technique™ treatments?
Healing occurs best in a relaxed patient. Bowen™ engages the body’s parasympathetic nervous system, leading to relaxation.
How often will treatment be needed?
Treatments are usually done weekly, and a response is often noted within one or two treatment intervals. Once a patient is doing better we look for a treatment interval that maintains that pet in optimum health, which might be biweekly, monthly, or on as needed basis. Every treatment plan is individualized.
Are there side effects of Bowen Technique™?
As with any hands-on therapy, the main side effect is deep relaxation. Some patients may experience what is sometimes called a “healing crisis” where they experience symptoms from a problem they had in the past. This should be short-lived and followed by improvement.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.