Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
A healthy cat or dog eating an optimally balanced raw or home cooked diet will need very few supplements; however, pets with weaker immune systems or chronic health conditions will benefit from nutritional supplements. Therapeutic nutritional supplements include probiotics, oils, vitamins, minerals, and both individual and combination herbal products.
What supplements do you have for arthritis in dogs and cats?
Full Circle carries several supplements that may benefit your arthritic pet. These would include Joint Mobility a Green Lipped Mussel, glucosamine based joint protectant, Ascenta Omega 3 fish oil which in anti-inflammatory, and Anti-Inflammatory Support which contains a number of individual herbs with anti-inflammatory action.
What supplements do you have for “leaky gut”?
Leaky gut or dysbiosis patients are often helped by high concentrations of probiotics, prebiotics and certain reparative herbals like slippery elm or marshmallow. Our Merry Microbe Formula contains high colony-forming counts of 15 gut organisms including the common animal organism Bifidobacterium animals as well a collection of soothing and anti-inflammatory herbs. Happy Tummy contains probiotics, prebiotics and digestive enzymes. More specific formulations will be prescribed by your Full Circle Veterinarian.
How can I improve my pet’s immune system?
There are herbs like Astragalus and certain mushrooms that are very beneficial for supporting normal immune system function. Full Circle carries a wonderful dried mushroom mix powder. When your pet has seen one of our doctors who believe immune modulation is important, you will receive a more specific Chinese herbal formula.
What supplements would help my dog or cat’s heart problem?
Carnitine, Hawthorne, Co-Q10, antioxidants and taurine are some commonly used supplements for heart disease. Ask for Full Circle’s Canine Cardiac supplement. As with all medical conditions, a more patient-specific herbal and/or acupuncture treatment may be prescribed by a doctor.
What supplements should I give my pet with cancer?
Most cancer patients benefit from diet modification and a regime of individualized herbs. Quality of life is vastly improved, and some patients outlive their expected prognosis by many months to years. A unique to Full Circle supplement is called Onco Powder or Onco Caps. This formula is a potent adaptogenic, pro-apoptosis and antitumour blend of herbs that can be used by any cancer patient. When a patient is also receiving chemotherapy a specialized dose plan will be established by our Full Circle Veterinarians.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.