We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Registered Veterinary Technicians/Technologists (RVTs) are highly trained professionals who work as an integral part of the veterinary medical team.
An RVT has graduated from an accredited program, has successfully completed the Veterinary Technician National Examination and has met all the requirements identified by their provincial professional association.
Further, in order to maintain registered status, RVTs must meet annual continuing education requirements as set out by their Technician’s association.”
Does Full Circle offer nail trims for dogs and cats?
Nail trims can be booked with our Technicians and Vet Assistants, providing the dog or cat is readily handled. We believe in a fear-free approach to care and for this reason, animals who behave aggressively and/or very fearful animals may need sedation to complete a nail trim.
Will Technicians perform anal gland expressions?
Technicians can perform routine anal gland expressions. If they notice anything abnormal, they will report their findings to the Veterinarian.
What special focus areas interest the Technicians at Full Circle?
Our Technicians have unique skills and areas of interest that add considerably to our overall services. For instance, Heather is very interested in whole food nutrition and has been taking additional courses in raw and cooked whole food feeding. She has also been trained to use the Diet formulator program to make balanced diets for dogs and cats. Along with her status as a Registered Veterinary Technician, Kim is also a certified Rehab Technician.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.