Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
At Full Circle, we anticipate that all our canine and feline patients have a conventional veterinary practitioner as well as use our unique services. When your pet is seriously ill, hospitalization is sometimes required to provide intravenous fluids and medications or specific intensive care.
Your pet’s conventional veterinarian provides these essential services. If you do not have a conventional veterinarian, we can refer you to a number of practices and veterinarians who support clients using our services.
What Integrative Care is available for hospitalized patients?
Many hospitalized patients need both western and herbal medicines to make the best recoveries. You and your pet’s conventional veterinarian can consult with Full Circle Veterinary doctors to augment hospital treatments with herbs, supplements and nutrition. Full Circle may also be the next stop after a hospital visit either for integrative medical care or for post-surgical rehabilitation services.
What surgery services do you offer for dogs and cats?
We work collaboratively with several surgical teams in HRM to refer clients who require surgical services and do not have a conventional veterinary doctor.
Does Full Circle consult on surgical procedures?
Full Circle veterinarians are often asked to consult on specific surgical procedures and aftercare.
Our rehabilitation veterinary team can review and recommend orthopaedic surgeries. Our holistic medicine practitioners often discuss less conventional routine surgeries such as ovary-sparing spays (OSS).
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.