Our team continues to be here for you and your cherished pets. We are OPEN and are now able to provide a wide range of services. To learn more about the changes we have implemented in response to COVID-19 and what to expect during your next visit, click here.
Shannon has recently relocated to Nova Scotia and has fallen in love with our beautiful province. Shannon's love for animals started at an early age working for her local veterinarian. Since then, she has gained valuable experience in several areas of the animal industry including pet specialty retail, boarding, training, and a zoo.
Eventually, her experiences caring for two geriatric family dogs led her back to veterinary medicine which also sparked her passion and interest in integrative medicine. Shannon graduated from the Veterinary Technician program at the University of Guelph Ridgetown campus in the fall of 2013. She has had the pleasure of practicing as a technician in three different provinces!
While working at an integrative veterinary practice in Ontario, she learned more about nutrition and helped to formulate raw and cooked diets for pets.
In addition to nutrition, Shannon's main areas of interest are patient nursing, animal training and behaviour. Shannon completed her Level 1 Fear Free certification and is looking forward to starting Level 2. She strives to make all medical procedures as stress-free as possible for our patients and our clients.
Shannon shares her life with her fiancee, two pugs; Pickle and Cricket and a cat named Turtle. You will often find her taking nature photographs or with her nose in a book.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.