We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Dr. Vanessa Flores comes to us from Southern California, where she practiced small animal veterinary medicine for twelve years, with a brief layover in Louisville, Kentucky - all warm climes. Perhaps she read one too many Louise Penny novels and decided to simply move to Three Pines - an idyllic Canadian town with a mysterious rash of murders. Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, is now her Three Pines. She has not weathered her first winter yet, but she has lived to tell the tale of near- Canadian winters spent at Cornell University where she studied as an undergraduate. She went on to graduate from the University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine in 2006. Dr. Flores pursued further education in Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine (TCVM) at the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society and Chi Institute. She is a Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist, Certified Veterinary Chinese Herbalist, Certified Veterinary Food Therapist, and Certified Tui-na Practitioner. Her dearly beloved twenty-year-old Persian cat, Catfish, earned his keep as a medical model throughout these certifications. Older dogs and cats hold a special place in her heart.
Integrative medicine, the fusion of Western and Eastern medicine, is the medicine of the future. State of the art human cancer centers employ acupuncturists and nutritionists alongside oncologists. When powerful Western diagnostic and surgical tools are combined with Eastern therapies that treat the underlying cause of disease, the outcome is a healthier patient. Integrative medicine provides true whole patient care. Dr. Flores is here to work cooperatively with your general practice veterinarian to add complementary veterinary care to your pet’s life.
Dr. Flores has been offering integrative medical care to beloved dogs and cats since 2013. She is eager to partner with you to help your beloved quadruped achieve robust health. One of the things she enjoys most about TCVM is that it is “slow medicine,” requiring more frequent visits for maintenance during which we build life-long relationships. Her patients are very much her brood.
Outside of work, Dr. Flores loves to hike - she and her better half hiked all fifty of the 50 Best Short Hikes San Diego book. She also might be seen slipping into a milonga (Argentine tango dance) from time to time. She has a sordid past as a philosophy student. And, she believes in community service, she provided integrative care to special-needs cases at the animal shelter in San Diego for many years.
We have been taking both our dog and cat to Full Circle Vet for about four years and have been…
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a "closed waiting room" policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 902.461.0951. We will take a history of your pet over the phone, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. Once the examination is finished, we will call to discuss our recommended treatment plan over the phone and then return to your vehicle with your pet. Please ensure your pet has a properly fitted collar or is in a secure carrier. Please remove any additional clothing or blankets prior to our staff handling our patients to minimize risk to our team.
2. We are still OPEN but are now working in two shifts with reduced hours, reduced staff numbers and a need to close for extensive cleaning between shifts. Tuesday to Friday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
3. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 2-4 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
4. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus. You may see our team members wearing additional protective gear when interacting with our clients and patients.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Full Circle Veterinary Alternatives Inc.